Youth Barbershop Chorus Festival
Each year, the men of Atlanta Vocal Project sponsor a youth chorus. If you are age 25 or under, please consider joining us for the 10th annual International Youth Barbershop Chorus Festival. We will compete against other young choruses from around the world in San Antonio, Texas on January 17-22, 2017. For all the details of the Festival, click here.
Use this link to get the Registration Form.
For those already signed up, get your music here!
All rehearsals are Sundays, 3:00pm to 5:00pm, at St John United Methodist Church [view map] (unless otherwise noted).
Now in its tenth year, the International Youth Barbershop Chorus Festival has established itself as the premiere
Festival for young male, female, and mixed (male and female) a cappella choruses. Students of all ages will sing for the best and most encouraging audience in the world, get
critique and feedback from highly-trained and enthusiastic judges, and will return home with a confident passion and enthusiasm for singing
that they will pass on to every other singer in your area.
In addition to performing, each chorus has the opportunity - at no cost to them - to hear the very best barbershop quartets in the world on two different shows.
At least 12+ Singers, Ages 25 and Under, perform 3 songs
The International Youth Barbershop Chorus Festival is for ensembles of 12 or more singers, age 25 or under. Each chorus performs three songs during the festival: two contestable barbershop songs, and a third song can be absolutely anything a cappella.
3 mass chorus songs
All choruses will also be expected to learn three mass chorus songs to be sung throughout the weekend, with more than 500 other young harmonizers from around the world.
4 Days, 3 Nights
All ensembles will be expected to arrive Thursday early afternoon, participate in the festival on Friday and other events on Saturday and depart Sunday morning.
There is a $300 fee to register your group, but the good news is, we will cover the cost of convention registration, show tickets, and other festival accommodations, including paying for your hotel accommodations (4 to a room), thanks to the generous donors of Harmony Foundation International. You would only be responsible for your travel and food.
Participation in the Festival includes:
- Performance in an international a cappella music festival
- Positive, constructive adjudication from three different judges (one judge per scoring category)
- Professional performance recording
- Meaningful awards for all participants
- Audience-voted awards
- Trophies for each of the "Plateau" winners
- FREE admission to professional-quality barbershop shows featuring top quartets
- Optional group photos from the Festival performance
- 3 nights stay in a luxury hotel for each singer and chorus director
- Opportunity for students to demonstrate competence in National Standards #1, 3, 5, 6, 7, and 9
- Opportunity for music educators to earn continuing education scholarships and CEU
If you have any questions about the program, please contact our Youth In Harmony VP, Zack Dunda, at email@example.com
Questions or comments about the web site? Email the firstname.lastname@example.org.